Hospital Bag Checklist
What to Pack in a Hospital Bag
When it’s go-time, you do not want to be packing your hospital bag in between contractions -- trust us! Nor do you want to leave your partner in charge of what you may need at the hospital. Here’s your comprehensive list of what to bring to the hospital. Ideally, we recommend having your bag ready to go by about 35 or 36 weeks just in case you go into labor ahead of your due date.
- Insurance card
- Phone and charger
- Cord blood kit (if you opt to do that)
- Snacks for post delivery (or skip the snacks and send your partner out for the meal you’ve been dreaming about for the last 40 weeks!)
- Socks with treads on the bottom (Hospital floors are slippery.)
- Flip flops (The best shower of your life happens post-delivery.)
- Frida Mom Labor and Delivery + Postpartum Kit ($100) If you’re planning on a vaginal birth, this is a lifesaver.
- Nursing bra and/or nursing tank and nipple cream
- Two pairs of Loungewear (dark bottoms for inevitable leaks)
- A cardigan, ip-up sweatshirt or cozy robe in case it’s chilly
- Towel for a shower (if you’re the type that cares about the plushness)
- Toiletries (hair ties, face wipes, lip balm, toothpaste, toothbrush, moisturizer, hairbrush – whatever is going to make you feel comfortable and modestly put together)
- Travel size shampoo and conditioner
- Going home outfit for you: You'll want something that makes you feel good (think leggings and a cardigan or a knit dress).
- Monica + Andy Hospital Cuddle Box (Coming Home Blanket, Top Knot Cap, Hello Baby Outfit)
- Car seat: Whether you’re walking home or driving, you can’t leave the hospital without this (seriously, they won’t let you leave!).
- Baby blanket
- Top Knot Cap
- Extra change of clothes
Optional (but highly suggested)
- Pillowcase (It’s just nice to have something from home to provide a bit of extra comfort and luxury).
- Blow dryer: It does feel exceptionally nice to blow out your hair post delivery!
- A little makeup for photos if you want it (mascara and blush is sufficient)
- Ear plugs (in case you have to share a room)
- Big brother/sister gift(s) for the first visit