How to Sew a Face Mask For Kids
Let's face it. In today's world, you can't be too careful. The latest from the CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) is that they recommend the use of cloth face coverings when out and about in order to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. And, that goes for kids too. If you're unable to get your hands on a mask, don't fret. We've got you covered. Below is a step-by-step visual guide to sewing masks for your family, friends, and community (safe to wear for ages 3+)! First things first. You'll need the following supplies:
- Sewing machine or hand sewing needle
- Light to medium-weight fabric—we recommend a plain woven 100% organic cotton for its stability and breathability!
- Twist-tie or 2-3” soft wire
- Approximately 4’ of ribbon, yarn, or any other ties
- Coffee filter, vacuum filter, or extra layer of fabric