How to KonMari Your Nursery or Toddler’s Room
What happens when a Marie Kondo expert pays a visit to a new mama? (Spoiler: so much joy!) Watch as Kristyn Ivey, founder of For The Love of Tidy, shows Nicole Regan of Cedar & Rush just how easy it is to master the KonMari fold and organize her new nursery.
Master the KonMari Folding Technique
- Only fold clothes that "spark joy". Discard, donate, or sell all else.
- Handle your clothing with respect.
- Use the palms of your hands to smooth and pull clothes taut, check for stains/flow, and transfer positivity energy.
- Adjust the number of folds required based on size.
- Adjust the number of folds required based on the length/thickness of an item and the drawer's size.
- Hang items that look happier when hung.
Step-By-Step: Fold a One-Piece!
1. Lay the item flat.
2. Fold the item in half lengthwise.
3. Fold the sleeves in to make a long rectangle.
4. Fold the item in half, leaving an inch at the top.
5. Fold up from the bottom twice more.
6. Stand the item upright and on edge.
Ready to KonMari the rest of your drawers? Follow the crib notes below!
How to Fold a Long Sleeve Top
Hold to Fold Pants
How to Fold a T-Shirt
How to Fold Socks
How to Fold Panties
How to Fold Shorts/Briefs