A Widespread Food Recall, a Meghan Markle Baby Update, More
Welcome to Mom’s the Word! We know you’re busy, so we’ve distilled this week’s top headlines in motherhood into this quick recap. Here’s all the news you need to know now:
- Scour this list, especially if you're pregnant: A new recall affects products sold at stores like Whole Foods, Trader Joe's Kroger, Target and more national chains. Luckily, no illnesses have been reported yet, but if you have any of these foods on hand, you'll definitely want to toss them to be safe.
- That's going to be one funny baby: Amy Schumer is pregnant! She's already keeping it real by sharing the details on her morning sickness and joking that she'll be competing with another preggo (more on her below) until she gives birth.
- A little princess for Harry and Meghan? While we still haven't seen a gender reveal from the royal couple, we do know what's on the dad-to-be's heart: A baby girl. When a fan told Prince Harry she hopes it's a girl, he was quick to answer: 'So do I!'
- You're the best alarm clock for your kids. A recent study found that a mother's voice in even more effective in waking her children during an emergency than a high-pitched alarm. Just remember that come Monday morning — you may be struggling to get them up, but you can do it better than anyone or anything else!
- So moms can't wear makeup now? Carrie Underwood was recently slammed for 'getting glam' to attend her son's soccer game. But hey — we say, if you want to wear the makeup, wear the makeup! Whether it's to the grocery store, school drop-off, or yes, a kid's sporting event, it's your choice.