How to Make the Best Homemade Granola You'll Ever Eat
Let's be real. It's a little harder to get to the grocery store these days to ensure your go-to snacks remain stocked in your pantry.
With that in mind, we turned to Karina Heinrich, Founder of The Karina Method, to fill us in on how to make one of her go-to healthy snacks with ingredients that are easy to keep on hand. You will want to sprinkle this granola on just about everything. It's filled with fiber, vitamins, nutrients, healthy oils and proteins making is ridiculously healthy, but it's also super tasty too.
Karina recommends adding it to parfaits, a bowl of cereal with almond milk or even sprinkling on top of salads.
The only negative about this granola? When it runs out!
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 cups almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon organic cinnamon
- 1 cup of dried cherries
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a big bowl, combine the oats, almonds, seeds, vanilla, maple syrup, olive oil and cinnamon.
- Spread the mixture on a baking sheet as evenly as possible and bake for around 35 minutes.
- Once toasted and slightly golden, remove from the oven and add in the dried fruit.
- Allow to cool on baking sheets before serving.
- Store in a container and keep cool in the refrigerator.
About Karina Heinrich
Karina Heinrich is the top Chicago-based Certified Integrative Nutritionist and Celebrity Health Coach. Karina has achieved major success in helping hundreds of clients, including professional models, athletes, celebrities & high profile CEOs, reach optimal wellness and weight loss through her breakthrough nutrition movement, The Karina Method.