A Serious Recall, Beyoncé Talks Motherhood, More
Welcome to Mom’s the Word! We know you’re busy, so we’ve distilled this week’s top headlines in motherhood into this quick recap. Here’s all the news you need to know now:
- Target is bringing back its car seat return program! Recycle an old seat for 20 percent off on a selection of baby goods. Be sure to do this at your local store between September 9 and 22 to get in on the action.
- Beyoncé had a pretty epic 36th year (refresher: She welcomed twins!) She celebrated her 37th birthday by reflecting on her role as a mom of three in a recent Instagram post...a rare revealing moment from the typically tight-lipped star.
- Ugh, really? The trolls recently criticized Tori Spelling's kids after she posted a picture of them heading back to school. How did the self-proclaimed 'mama bear' handle the hate? She told her critics : 'Shame on you. I was raised to believe that if you can’t say anything nice about someone then don’t say anything at all.”
- A new study discovered that toddlers are already able to pick up on social cues to determine who they'd like to surround themselves with — and they tend to prefer 'winners.' The other key finding? They don't tend to like those who win by force. So that's good news?
- Are you cereal? The CDC has issued a stern warning after multiple people got sick due to a salmonella outbreak in Kellogg's Honey Smacks cereal. The biggest takeaway? If you have this cereal in your house, toss it ASAP. You don't want your kids to get their hands on this stuff until the issue is under control!