Welcome Home Baby Gift
There’s almost nothing more exciting than when a loved one brings home a new baby. But in the midst of all the excitement, it can be easy for new parents to feel overwhelmed. That’s where you come in. By sending your loved ones a welcome home baby gift, you can help them celebrate the arrival of their little one and also lend a helping hand.
So what makes for the best new baby welcome gift?
Let’s take a look at some thoughtful, helpful, and safe baby gift ideas that you can have ready for your loved one (and their adorable new addition) as soon as their newborn baby returns home from the hospital.
Sometimes, it can be hard to know what to give as a welcome baby gift because you don’t want to get something that the family already has. After all, what new mom or dad has time to deal with returning a duplicate gift?
This is what makes clothes such a great welcome home gift option. There’s no such thing as having too many. Plus, more newborn clothes and baby coming home outfits mean more cute outfits for the baby girl or baby boy.
Take a look at some of our favorite clothing choices:
Pajamas – Adults don’t typically need a collection of PJs (our oversized t-shirts do just fine), but babies are different. Having multiple baby pajama options makes it easy for mom and dad to swap outfits in case of an accident and keeps them from constantly having to do laundry.
Booties and mittens – Babies love to stay cozy and warm. It reminds them of their time in Mom’s womb. This makes booties and mittens a great gift option for newborns. Plus, mittens will help make sure the baby doesn’t scratch themself during the night.
- Drool bibs – You probably don’t think too often about bibs (unless you’re having a lobster dinner). But for babies, messy eating and spit-up are a normal part of life. Having multiple baby bib options will make mealtime less stressful (and less messy) for mom and dad.
- Baby sweaters - Often forgotten, but so convenient! Sweaters make for easy, light layering. New moms can never have too many sweaters!
Much like clothes, babies can never have too many books to add to their nursery. Parents can read to their baby from these books before nap time and bedtime for years to come, bonding and creating special memories.
Consider some of these book ideas for a new baby welcome gift:
Another idea is to have a gift basket waiting for the new family when they arrive home. Baskets can include just about anything, which allows you to personalize them to your loved one’s specific likes and interests.
However, you can’t go wrong with a traditional new baby gift basket, which will typically have some combination of baby blankets and stuffed animals to greet the new family.1
Things to Keep in Mind
When choosing your welcome home baby gift, it’s important to take a few things into consideration (aside from whether the baby will prefer giraffe-print or zebra-print):
Find Your Perfect Gift at Monica + Andy
Any welcome home baby gift is a lovely gesture that new parents (and new babies) are sure to appreciate. So when it comes time to give that perfect gift, make Monica + Andy your first stop.
All of our baby clothes are made from GOTS-certified, organic cotton, making them as soft as a cloud and free of harsh chemicals. Plus, our adorable collections offer a variety of colors and patterns, so you can mix and match pajamas, mittens, and more to ensure the cutest, softest, and warmest welcome home gift possible. Shop Monica + Andy today.
- "Welcome Home Baby Gift." Target. https://www.target.com/s/welcome+home+baby+gift?Nao=0
- Morrill, Hannah et al. "The Best Baby-Shower Gifts, According to Experts." The Strategist. Updated 27 August, 2021, https://nymag.com/strategist/article/best-baby-shower-gifts.html
- "28 Must-Have Newborn Baby Gifts That Parents Will Be Endlessly Grateful For." Real Simple. Updated May 19, 2021, https://www.realsimple.com/holidays-entertaining/gifts/newborn-baby-gifts?slide=da0e4215-06b8-4f72-ba02-acf53003c0df#da0e4215-06b8-4f72-ba02-acf53003c0df