Monica + Andy's Hospital Bag Checklist Is Here!
The coziest button-up pajamas, nursing mama must-haves, and superhero baby care essentials—our hospital bag essentials checklist has everything you need for a smooth hospital stay! Every new mom needs more than just a nursing pillow and a swaddle blanket in her hospital bag. You need to add in a body wash, pads, and some comfy clothes too. Take a peek at the video below for our ultimate hospital bag checklist (modeled by a M+A twin mama), and don't forget to share with any expecting friends.
- A cute robe makes for easy feedings and will keep you warm throughout the night. Our pick for the coziest robe and loungewear is the Monica + Andy Organic Lounge Robe, and the Monica + Andy Organic Lounge Set (bonus: they look great in pictures!).
- Newborn babies have very delicate skin. Cuddle your new baby in super-soft, organic essentials that won’t irritate their skin. Monica + Andy Hospital Cuddle Box comes with everything you need (the perfect bundle: a Coming Home Blanket, Top Knot Cap, and Hello Baby Top and Pant).
- Be sure to pack newborn diapers and baby wipes that are gentle enough for baby’s delicate skin. The Honest Company Diapers and Wipes are gentle but effective! Don’t forget a gentle sanitizer that won’t dry out the skin; we like Babyganics Alcohol-Free Foaming Hand Sanitizer.
- Don’t forget pacifiers to soothe your little one during fussy moments. We like the Smilo pacifiers that have a supportive shape and a breathable shield that doesn’t irritate your baby’s skin It’s a good idea to bring a few options since your new baby might like one pacifier more than another.
- Whether you’re a seasoned pro or a first-time mom, breastfeeding essentials are a diaper bag must-have for nursing mamas. We like the ThirdLove Nursing Bra - they’re comfortable, have easy open cups, and are stylish! Don’t forget a nipple balm like this one: The Honest Company Organic Nipple Balm.
- Hospitals can be cold, and the floors can be slippery. Be sure to bring slip-on shoes and grippy socks for those slippery hospital floors. The Lucky Honey Boyfriend Grip Socks are breathable and cute! The Allbirds Wool Loungers are another great option! They’re easy to slip on and off and made from sustainable materials!
- Don’t forget to pack bathroom essentials for you and your baby in the hospital diaper bag! Keep your baby comofrtable and gas-free with a natural gas reliever; we like The Windi by Fridababy. This peri bottle from Fridababy will help make your postpartum bathroom trips easier and less painful.
- Once you have all of the essentials gathered, you need something to put them all in. A fits-everything, easy-to-roll suitcase (for your trip of a lifetime) is perfect for those who can’t fit everything in a hospital diaper bag. We like The Carry-On by AWAY because it’s durable and will last for years to come.
Happy packing, Mama!