14 Alyce Tran - The Co-Founder of The Daily Edited on The Highs and Lows of Building an International Brand
In just three years, Alyce Tran has turned The Daily Edited, an affordable luxury accessories line, into a global company with stores in the U.S., Singapore and Australia.
On today's show, Alyce talks about the expansion of the company — including the recent sale of a 30% stake in her company for $4.5 million - and the growing pains that come with that kind of growth. Monica and Alyce also discuss how to maintain company culture across an international company, the personal cost of running a business and TDE’s social media strategy.
(And please be sure to leave me a Rating and Review!)
'In this day and age you need to have a fresh outlook because I don't think, in any industry, previous rules apply.'- Alyce Tran
- What is The Daily Edited (TDE)
- What it was like expanding from Australia to the U.S.
- How social media helped them build their international customer base
- Why they decided to do free international shipping
- How they built personalization into their timeline
- The brand evolved from a blog to accessories
- The challenges of growing a business quickly
- Why TDE had to open stores
- What the mall atmosphere is like in Australia
- What is Alyce's involvement in the brand visuals
- How Alyce cashed out of the business
- The transition from her previous career to focusing on TDE
- How to maintain a company culture across an international company
- The personal cost of running a business
'We have been building an Instagram following, and I feel like that's how we got international consumers.' - Alyce Tran
'We were doing things because they were meant to be fun, and we were like, 'Well we're not having fun,' so we wound that down.' - Alyce Tran