M+A Virtual Baby Showers
Is social distancing raining on your baby shower? Hello, virtual baby shower.
From thoughtfully designed digital invites to care packages of decor and interactive virtual games, we’ve created a step-by-step guide to throwing a special celebration that’s all about the expecting mom—and totally compatible with Google Hangouts, zoom or Skype.
Want our help planning your shower? Email Storks@monicaandandy.com and let us get you started.
Step 1: The Invite and 'Venue'
We love sites like Minted and Paperless Post for designing custom invitations. Simply create a video conference on Zoom or Google Hangouts and copy the link directly into the invitation. Make it even more festive and have each guest and the mama-to-be add a virtual background on Zoom! Just go to settings, click 'Virtual Background' and then 'Add Virtual Background Image'. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive free baby shower templates.
Bonus: Encourage any tech-savvy guests to join the shower via their TV screen vs. viewing on a phone. The closer to life-sized, the better!
Step 2: Send a Care Package
Send a care package to the mama at least one week in advance of the shower that includes the following:
- Gift it All You Got: Asks guests to send gifts directly to the expecting moms house at least one week prior to the shower (and instruct the mom not to open!) or include one group gift in the care package (we’re also happy to host a virtual layette appointment for guests to create a personalized gift with that special touch).
- Easy-Chic Decor: Make it easy for her to set up a place that feels special. Coterie party is a one-stop shop for all your elevated party goods and they have adorable and chic Baby Shower options. Use code MONICA20 for 20% off!
- Bring on the Sweet Treats: Make sure mom is armed with the right sweets to enjoy. We love the Mama + Baby Rose All Day Tower by Sugarfina and the “You Got This” cookie and pie combo by Milk Bar.
Step 3: Virtual Games!
No baby shower is complete without a few games. Any of these can be done remotely and all your guests will need is a pen and paper.
- M+A Virtual Layette: As the gift for the shower, M+A is happy to host a group layette party! We’ll virtually lead your guests to pick out and design the perfect personalized layette for the mama-to-be based on any budget. Email email@example.com to get started.
- The Baby Name Game: Help the mama find the perfect baby name! Have everyone write down a first and last name they think the mama might like (or guess what the name is if she already has one!). Have every guest show their name one-at-a-time. The mama-to-be will then choose the winner and that guest can receive a digital gift card!
- Mother (and Father) Knows Best: Have each guest write down a piece of advice for the mom-to-be on a card prior to the shower. This can be lessons that they’ve learned along the way, things they admired about the way their own parents parented, etc. From there, have the host compile these into a book for the mom-to-be!
Step 4: Record!
Don’t forget to press record! The showered mama will be able to enjoy and look back for years to come (take that traditional baby showers!).