Pregnancy Checklist: Third Trimester To-Dos
Baby is on the way and you’re in the home stretch!
We know you have a lot on your mind, so we pulled together some tasks to help you think through your to-do list before it's go time.
- Pack your hospital bag
- Schedule and take a hospital tour if you so choose
- Pre-Register at the hospital
- Write a birth plan: Here are 7 Things To Know Before Getting an Epidural and What You Need to Know about Having a C-Section
- Create a labor + delivery playlist
- Pull together email addresses for friends + family you plan to notify once baby has arrived
- Maternity Leave: Complete all paperwork and walk through work tasks with any relevant co-workers at least 1-month in advance.
- Take Monica + Andy’s 9-Month Network Classes if you so choose: Whether it's Infant First Aid, Lactation 101, or Infant Sleep, we're here to help!
- Research and select a pediatrician
- Make arrangements for your other little ones or pets while you're at the hospital.
- Wash baby clothes in newborn laundry detergent
- Schedule a date night with your partner
- Nesting is real: do what you need to do to satisfy the urges!
- Finish painting + designing your nursery (and also know that you can continue the little things once baby has arrived!).
- Enjoy your baby shower (and take lots of photos to remember the day!)
- Install your baby’s car seat and get it inspected.
- Order your breast pump via insurance if you plan to nurse.
- Decide how you plan to handle visitors (at the hospital and at home)
- Stock the freezer with healthy meals + snacks! We love Daily Harvest for their smoothies + grain bowls.
- Download a contraction app (we love the Full Term app)
- Forget something? No worries! Diapers, creams and bottles are always just a click away if you need more.
And last but certainly not least, get excited! And, know that there are a lot of emotions that come along with having a newborn and if you’re concerned postpartum, your personal doctor or OBGYN are always available for help.